Level 3 Award in IP CCTV and Security Integration
The recent advancements in technology are helping improve almost every aspect of electronic security equipment, including CCTV systems. As a result of this, CCTV engineers face a demand to update their skills and expertise. This IP CCTV and security integration course is ideal for professionals needing knowledge and experience of advanced CCTV with security integration. And is also an excellent basis for further studies at a higher level. It consists of five hands-on units, which include:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Networking in CCTV applications
- Unit 2 – Bandwidth Measurements in Wired and Wireless Networks
- Unit 3 – The p
racticalwiring of a PoE and non-PoE IP Video Surveillance and troubleshooting
- Unit 4 – Client and Server Platform Applications
- Unit 5 – Video Surveillance System and Other Electronic Security Systems
Award in IP CCTV and security integrationCode CQ11120
About the qualification
This is a level 3 NCFE qualification designed for CCTV and other electronic security professionals to get the insights of IP CCTV and security integration. If you are someone who is looking to get a hands-on experience in IP CCTV installation with security integration, this course is for you. The course covers how to design, configure, install and maintain an IP based CCTV system. We use the leading CCTV products like Hikvision,
At the successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a level 3 NCFE qualification.
What Is Involved In Studying This Course?
The course focuses on providing the learners with hands-on and theoretical knowledge in IP camera configuration, Video Management Systems, Client and Server platforms, Network Video Recorders, Centralised and Distributed network architecture.
The course also focuses on providing hands-on and theoretical knowledge in the basic CCTV integration with other electronic security products. The course provides hands-on experience in integrating alarm sensors and access control equipment with IP CCTV applications.
This qualification is intended to provide the underpinning specialist technical knowledge for Surveyors and Designers, Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Auditing Technicians employed in the CCTV, Access Control Systems and Integrated Electronic Security Systems.
Unit 1 – Introduction to Networking in CCTV applications
- Local Area Network for an IP surveillance system.
- ONVIF, PSIA, OPSIS, RTSP
- Private protocols
- Unmanaged and managed switches
- IP configuration
- Network Video Recorder (NVR), Hybrid Video Recorder (HVR)
Unit 2 – Bandwidth Measurements in Wired and Wireless Networks.
- Storage calculation
- Video compression techniques.
- Motion activation
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Find top talkers of a network.
- Detect anomalous activity and LAN policy violations.
- Secure wireless network using SSID and DHCP (dynamic host control protocol) server
Unit 3: The PoE and non-PoE IP Video Surveillance.
- The PoE and non-PoE IP surveillance system
- The PoE LAN
- Power consumption in Watts.
- PoE extenders.
- CCTV tester
- Network tester
Unit 4 – Client and Server Platform Applications
- A server-based Video Management System (VMS) system.
- Integrated IP server-based application.
- Open platform video management system.
Unit 5 – Video Surveillance System and Other Electronic Security Systems.
- The electronic security devices.
- IP based electronic devices
- Integrated video security solution.
- Access control system integration.
- Output and input relays.
Which level is right for me?
You are experienced in providing CCTV systems and have a lot of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.
What careers can this lead to?
At Level 3 you could be working as a:
- Technical engineer
- Senior installation engineer or supervisor
- Sales engineer
- Commercial manager
- Site/Workshop manager.
This course is now fully accredited by NCFE UK. Course Code CQ11120. You will undertake a practical assessment and a written exam at the end of your course to gain the qualification.